- Status: Mantle Business Artifacts Release 0.5.1 Available
Mantle Business Artifacts are currently being implemented but significant end-to-end functionality and automated tests are implemented and available in the source repository and in preview releases.
The current version is focused on procure to pay, order to cash, and work plan to cash processes. For more details see the Introduction section below.
To report bugs and issues use GitHub Mantle Issues.
- Introduction: What is Mantle Business Artifacts?
Mantle is a business application foundation built on the Moqui Framework and includes a Universal Data Model (UDM), Universal Service Library (USL), and a Universal Business Process Library (UBPL).
Mantle is a foundation for building enterprise automation applications such as:
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Project ERP
- Professional Services Automation (PSA)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP)
- Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)
- Point-of-Sale (POS)
This thoroughly qualifies Mantle Business Artifacts (MBA) for Too Many Acronyms (TMA) status.
Current functionality covers the procure to pay, order to cash, and work plan to cash processes, including:
- Purchase and Sales Orders (for goods, services, materials, etc; POs for inventory and equipment/supplies/etc)
- Project, Task, and Request management with time and expense recording, billable/payable rates by project/task/client/worker/etc
- Incoming and Outgoing Invoices with a wide variety of item types and an XSL:FO template for print or email
- Automatic invoice generation for purchase orders (AP), sales orders (AR), project client time and expenses (AR), project vendor/worker time and expenses (AP)
- Payments, both manually recorded and automatic through payment processing interfaces; applying payments to invoices
- Fulfillment of sales orders (including basic picking and packing) and receiving of purchase orders
- Inventory management including issuance and receipt, and inventory reservation for sales orders
- Automated GL account posting of incoming and outgoing invoices, outgoing and incoming payments, payment application, and inventory receipt and issuance
- General GL functionality for time periods, validation of transactions to post, time period closing
- Balance Sheet and Income Statement reports (and basic posted amounts and account balance by time period summaries)
- Drools rules for product pricing, shipping charge calculation, and tax calculation
The automated tests are a great example of functionality and a good reference for where data ends up. They include complete flows with service calls and data validation for purchase orders (procure to pay), sales orders (order to cash), and billable projects with client and vendor/worker invoice/payment (work plan to cash).
Mantle is based on Moqui Framework. For more information see Framework.